The Renegade Company creates original theatrical experiences that celebrate, challenge, and deconstruct iconic works of art. Residing in Philadelphia, Renegade is rooted in the community we call our home. By fostering local partnerships and collaborations, their voices and experiences influence the creation of our works.
- Creation of cycles of work:
- A series of works that explores a variety of themes, subject matter, genres, locations, and movements
- An investigation on new ways to present and address the above ideas
- In addition to productions we hope to address the cycle through community conversations, pop-up happenings, literature, and social gatherings.
- With partnerships with local artisans, from puppeteers to ice cream makers, Renegade incorporates myriad sensory experiences in each multidisciplinary piece.
- A Renegade show can take shape within different locales, embracing the vibrancy and diversity of the city.
- Renegade seeks to take familiar works and explore them through a modern lens, drawing on canonical memories and invigorating them with contemporary context.
- Exploration of a distinct neighborhood of Philadelphia and through oral histories and community conversations those stories get incorporated into our productions.
Mike Durkin, Artistic Director
Adam Vidiksis, Company Designer
UNCONVENTIONAL COMMUNITY COLLABORATIONS
The Renegade Company creates art that connects to the city of Philadelphia and engages all five senses. From the first time you hear about a show, through your first step into the performance space, to days after the show has concluded, Renegade carefully calculates and designs each moment to stimulate full-bodied sensory experiences and illuminate the community in which we make our home. Partnerships and collaborations between similar-minded local artisans are integral to those experiences.